You should read this product information carefully in conjunction with our Savings Terms and Conditions and ID for customers to ensure you understand the features and conditions of what you are buying. Our savings accounts are only available to UK residents. We recommend you contact your local branch to make an appointment before delivering your completed application form.
- Account name
- Fixed Rate Bond (27 January 2027)
- What is the interest rate?
Interest rate bandInterest rate£5,000+4.30% Gross/AER fixed
- Interest is calculated daily and will be added to the account on the following dates: 26 January 2025, 26 January 2026 and 27 January 2027.
- Can Newbury Building Society change the interest rate?
- No, the interest rate is fixed until 27 January 2027.
- What would the estimated balance be on 27 January 2027 assuming £5,000 was invested on 31 January 2024
Interest rate bandEstimated balance
- This estimation is for illustrative purposes only and does not reflect individual circumstances.
- This estimation is based upon an initial deposit of £5,000 being made on 31 January 2024 and interest added to the account on 26 January 2025, 26 January 2026 and 27 January 2027 (no further deposits can be made during the term of the account).
- How do I open and manage my account?
- The maximum opening balance is £50,000
- Account can be opened by cheque or transfer from another Newbury Building Society account, or a bank account in the account holders’ name.
- A customer can only hold one Bond (27 January 2027) either in single or joint names.
- The minimum opening balance is £5,000.
- Available to those aged 18 and over.
- If the account is opened online or by post, the account must be approved within 14 days. If the account is not approved within 14 days, we will close the account. The account is approved when we have received the application and the identification requirements have been satisfied.
- Once the account is approved, the account can receive deposits up to the account limit within 7 days. If no deposits have been received within 7 days, we will close the account.
- This account can be opened and operated in branch, via the post or online.
- Additional deposits are not allowed
- Personal customers only (not available to corporate bodies, organisations, clubs, trusts etc).
- Account holder/s must be resident in England or Wales.
- Can I withdraw money?
- No withdrawals can be made during the fixed rate term.
- The maturity date is 27 January 2027, this is the day you will have access to your money.
- Prior to maturity on 27 January 2027, we will write to you to discuss your options. These options will be dependent upon our product range and your needs at the time.
- If we are unable to contact you or you do not respond to us, the funds will be transferred to an instant access account matching our Instant premium account on the maturity date.
- Additional information
- Tax status - From 6 April 2016, HMRC introduced a Personal Savings Allowance for individuals and as a result interest on savings is paid gross of tax. Your tax treatment will depend on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. For further information go to www.GOV.uk.
WE HAVE NO CURRENT PLANS TO WITHDRAW THIS PRODUCT BUT IT MAY BE WITHDRAWN WITHOUT NOTICE.
- You can register with myaccounts our online service to view your account online.
- We will require identification for all parties on a savings account, please see ID for customers for details.
- For more information regarding our online service, electronic payment and CHAPS service see our Savings terms and conditions.
- There are no charges for the normal operation of this account. See our Savings terms and conditions for more information.
Gross rate is the contractual rate of interest payable before the deduction of income tax at the rate specified by law.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once a year.