Just because you're self-employed, a contractor or freelancer, it doesn't mean obtaining a mortgage is harder than someone with a set salary. With the right amount of preparation and planning, the process can be easier than you think.
Buying a home is the single biggest purchase most people will ever make, so it’s important to get it right.
If you’re a first time buyer, we’d love to help you climb onto the property ladder. Our range of mortgages includes products specifically designed to help first time buyers, including Shared Ownership and Help to Buy Equity Loan mortgages.
Why choose us?
- We have products with a minimum 5% deposit
- We accept gifted deposits for first time buyers
- We guarantee that you will always be able to speak to a person, not a computer, in a free, no obligation meeting to discuss your needs
- We can arrange a telephone appointment to suit you
- We will consider your previous and current circumstances
A range of articles and guides to help you prepare for buying your first home.
It's best to get your credit score in good shape in advance of making a mortgage application.
This guide takes you through the process of buying your first home, including saving your deposit and applying for a mortgage.
Don't be confused by mortgage jargon. Here's a useful glossary of terms.