As we start to move through the Government’s plan to post-Covid normality, we would like to say thank you to our members for all the support, kindness and patience you have shown in the last year.
We’d love to help you climb onto the property ladder.
Buying a home is the single biggest purchase most people will ever make, so it’s important to get it right. Our range of mortgages includes products specifically designed to help first time buyers, including Shared Ownership and Help to Buy Equity Loan mortgages.
Our 5% deposit mortgages are available on Shared Ownership mortgages only, these are not part of the Government’s mortgage guarantee scheme.
Great for first time buyers. Great experience using Newbury. When applying for a mortgage for the first time it can be pretty daunting and confusing. Newbury made the application easy and supported us all the way through.
Why choose us?
- We have products with a minimum 5% deposit on Shared Ownership mortgages
- We accept gifted deposits for first time buyers
- We guarantee that you will always be able to speak to a person, not a computer, in a free, no obligation meeting to discuss your needs
- We can arrange a telephone or video appointment to suit you
- We will consider your previous and current circumstances
This guide takes you through the process of buying your first home, including saving for your deposit and applying for a mortgage.
Don't be confused by mortgage jargon. Here's a useful glossary of terms.
A range of articles and guides to help you prepare for buying your first home.
The differences between the two popular affordable housing schemes.
It's best to get your credit score in good shape in advance of making a mortgage application.