If you are having trouble making your mortgage payments, or if you see a problem arising in the future, we will try to help you.
We will always take into account your individual circumstances and approach your case with sensitivity and positivity. The sooner you get in touch, the quicker we can help you, and you may be able to avoid bigger problems in the future.
Please call our Customer Support Team on 01635 555700 between Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, Wednesday 9.30am to 5pm or email us so that we can work together to find a solution today.
We will contact you as soon as we notice you may be struggling with your mortgage payments, if you have not contacted us first. To help you with your mortgage payments, we may be able to:
- Change the date you pay, or your payment method
- Arrange a payment plan – this could be suspending payments or underpaying for a brief period of time, or arranging for overpayments in the future
- Allow a payment holiday, if you have made previous overpayments
- Extend the mortgage term
The action we take will be based on your individual circumstances, and some of the options may not be suitable for you. If this happens, we will explain why we did not offer you a certain option.
So that we treat you fairly, we will ensure that we will:
- Talk to a debt-advice agency, if you want us to, about your payment arrangements if you have sought their advice
- Give you reasonable time to pay back the debt
- Use a solution that is tailored for your situation and best for all those involved
- Maintain a regular conversation with you and keep you up to date on your account
- Give you time to consider your options and any arrangements we offer
- Only start proceedings to repossess your home if we have exhausted all other options
As part of any arrangement we make, we will need you to fill in a Household Budget Planner form, which you can download from the right hand side of this page. We ask for this so that we can get a better understanding of your financial situation, which will help us to offer you the best solution.
By being proactive, open, and honest with us about your situation, we can offer an arrangement better suited for your needs. You can also help by:
- Telling us as soon as you know you will have difficulty paying
- Making any payment you reasonably can, even if it less than your monthly mortgage payment
- Seeking debt advice to help organise your finances
- Replying quickly to our attempts to contact you
- Keeping anyone else involved with your mortgage up to date about your situation
- Finding out whether you are eligible for any state benefits or tax credits that could boost your income
- Informing us of your new contact details, including if you’ve moved address
- Asking your other creditors for a payment arrangement if you’re struggling to pay them as well
By taking the first step and contacting us we can start helping you today.
Further information - Visit our further information page where you will find help and guidance on the following topics:
- What to expect – What happens when we get in contact and the steps we take to help you
- Your credit rating – How underpayments and missed payments can affect your credit rating
- Leaseholder and shared owner charges – Information on problems paying charges in relation to leasehold and shared ownership properties
- Debt advice – Contact details for debt advice agencies and further information on helping paying your mortgage
- Repossession & legal action – What happens if we do start legal proceedings?
- Other things to consider
Please remember it is always better to contact us as soon as you realise you may be having trouble paying your mortgage. We are here to help and want to arrange with you a plan of action to help you stay on track with your mortgage.