Newbury Building Society is delighted to have assisted 10 different projects in the latest round of its community support scheme funding.
Below, you can find the charities aided in the May round of 2021 community funding.
- All Yours Period Box was awarded £500 to make 125 individual sanitary product boxes available for those without access to period products.
- Castle School was awarded £500 to help develop a woodland area to provide a range of activities for their pupils.
- Cold Ash Boys & Girls FC was awarded £500 to purchase new football kits for the Cold Ash Dragons under 11’s and 12’s.
- Littleton Bowling Club was awarded £500 to purchase new bowling equipment to help attract more people to take up bowls.
- Surrey Care Trust was awarded £500 towards their ‘Life Skills at STEPS’ programme which teaches young people essential skills e.g. budgeting, law and cooking
- Thatcham Town FC was awarded £500 to help with the construction of a new, local artificial training pitch which can be used throughout the year.
- The Bear Bag was awarded £200 to purchase essential items such as toothbrushes for local vulnerable people in Basingstoke that are victims of domestic violence.
- Treloar Trust was awarded £100 in sponsorship towards their 2021 charity golf day. Profits made are to be invested back into the charity to improve the lives of young people.
- Welford and Wickham Friends were awarded £440 to help plant flowers and create a path in the school garden, allowing children to spend time outside in a tranquil sensory environment.
- Winnersh Rangers Football Club were awarded £500 to purchase new kits for the Winnersh Rangers Under 14’s team.
Thoughts from some of the groups and charities:
“We are thrilled to be selected by Newbury Building Society to receive one of their Community Support Scheme grants. Not only is the money incredibly useful, I appreciate the support such a well-respected local organisation has shown our project. The money that has been given to us will be spent on buying period products – including reusable ones – to make period boxes for people across Newbury and West Berkshire” – Caroline Herman, All Yours Period Box
“We are so grateful to Newbury Building Society for sponsoring the Treloar’s Charity Golf Day 2021. We’re looking forward to being able to hold one of our annual events once more and to seeing some of our fantastic supporters. Most importantly, all the profits from the day will be invested back into Treloar’s to improve the lives of our young people.” - Amy Bennett, Community & Events Fundraiser Treloar Trust
“It has been a tough couple of years for everyone and the boys in the team have really missed their football when they haven’t been able to play. To secure sponsorship which will help the club continue to provide grass roots football opportunities to young people in the future is brilliant" - Phillip Burke, Winnersh Rangers Football Club
“The equipment we can now buy with this very generous contribution from the Newbury Building Society will make a huge difference to our efforts to attract more people to take up bowls.” - Roger Falkingham, Littleton Bowling Club President
Applications for our Community Support Scheme funding are considered four times a year, offering funding of between £100 - £500 for local projects and charities in the Society’s operating area.
We’re now accepting applications for Round Three, applications must be submitted by Sunday 29 August 2021.