- Mortgage type
- With a discounted rate mortgage, the lender's standard variable rate (SVR) is discounted for a specific period of time. The interest rate will vary as the lender's standard variable mortgage rate moves up and down but the amount of discount will remain the same.
- Interest rates
- 2.99% variable. Our standard variable rate (SVR) minus 0.96% for the first 3 years changing to our SVR for the remainder of the mortgage.
- Minimum share of property being purchased
- Maximum loan to value of share
- 95 %
- Mortgage Exit Administration Fee (MEAF): £100
- Overpayments allowed
- Free valuation
- No arrangement or booking fee
- Loan size
- Minimum loan size is £40,000. Max loan size (purchase) Up to 85% share to value = £400k Up to 90% share to value = £350k Up to 95% share to value = £300k Max loan size (remortgage) Up to 80% share to value = £400k Up to 90% share to value = £300k
- Early repayment charge (ERC)
- The Early Repayment Charge (ERC) period applies from the date of completion.
- For this product the ERC period is 3 years from the date of completion.
- ERC is 3% in year 1, 2% in year 2 and 1% in year 3 of the original loan amount.
- During the ERC period you are permitted to make overpayments up to 20% of the original loan amount per year. If overpayments exceed 20% in a year during the ERC period, you will have to pay the relevant ERC percentage rate on the amount of overpayment exceeding the permitted level.
- The full ERC is payable on the original loan amount if you repay your mortgage in full during the ERC period. The ERC will also be levied on previously permitted overpayments.
- Products are available to those purchasing or remortgaging their residential home, on shared ownership basis, subject to product terms.
- The mortgage must be on a capital and interest repayment basis.
- The property must be located in England or Wales.
- The mortgage term must be between 5 and 35 years.
- The following postcodes in London and the surrounding area are restricted to 60% loan to value: CR, E, EC, EN, HA, IG, KT, N, NW, RM, SE, SM, SW, TW, UB ,W and WC.
- Minimum property value of £125,000
A mortgage of £160,250 payable over 30 years initially on our standard variable rate, currently 3.95% with a discount of 0.96% for 36 months giving a current rate payable of 2.99% and then on our standard variable rate, currently 3.95% for the remaining 27 years would require 36 monthly payments of £674.76 and 324 monthly payments of £753.04 plus one initial interest payment of £249.42.
The total amount payable would be £268,625.74 made up of the loan amount plus interest of £108,275.74 and a MEAF of £100.
The overall cost for comparison is 3.8% APRC representative.
WE HAVE NO CURRENT PLANS TO WITHDRAW THIS PRODUCT BUT IT MAY BE WITHDRAWN WITHOUT NOTICE
YOUR MORTGAGE IS SECURED ON YOUR HOME. THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
- Legal work is required when buying your home and is carried out by a solicitor, payable by you. We can use the same solicitors as you, providing there is a minimum of four Approved Managers/ Licence Holders and they are registered on The Law Society website (www.lawsociety.org.uk). Licenced conveyancers are also acceptable for residential business only. The conveyancer must be registered with the Council of Licenced Conveyancers and be in a firm with at least four Approved Managers/Licence Holders.
- We will carry out a standard mortgage valuation at our cost, providing the mortgage completes. If the mortgage does not complete and the valuation has been carried out, you are responsible for paying it. You can upgrade to a Home Buyers report if you wish and if you would prefer a full building survey, we can give you the names of some local surveyors who can organise this for you.
- You can upgrade to a Home Buyers report if you wish and if you would prefer a full building survey, we can give you the names of some local surveyors who can organise this for you. (see our Mortgages Explained booklet for valuation and home buyer fees).
- You need to be accepted by a zone agent, housing association or local council for the Shared Ownership scheme.
- Your share of the property must be between 25% and 75% of the purchase price or valuation (the lower of the two).
- A Mortgage Exit Administration Fee (MEAF) applies when you repay your mortgage. Please see our Tariff of charges leaflet and your European Standardised Information Sheet (ESIS) for details.
- House purchases must complete within three months of the date of the formal mortgage offer. Remortgages must complete within three months from the date the application is received.
- For new build properties the mortgage offer is valid for up to 6 months. The application must be able to complete in the product time scales. Therefore, the new build property must be completed and available for occupation within six months of the mortgage offer.
- All our mortgages are portable, which means that if you move house within an early repayment charge period the product can be transferred to your new mortgage, up to the value of the product outstanding at redemption, without charge. If the loan amount on your new mortgage is lower, there may be a charge based on the difference between the old and the new loan amount. A higher lending charge may be applicable for the new mortgage.
- Charges applying to the ongoing administration of your mortgage are detailed in our Tariff of charges PDF, which you will be given before your mortgage completes.