If you have received an e-mail asking you to complete a survey from the ICS, please click here to read more about this request.
Terms and conditions
- Tell a Friend mortgage referral scheme’ pays both the Newbury Building Society referring member and the referred friend or family member £150 each when the referred friend or family member completes on a mortgage with Newbury Building Society.
- The Newbury Building Society referring member must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Already a mortgage customer or savings customer of Newbury Building Society for at least three months
- Not in arrears.
- . The referred friend or family member must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Not already have a mortgage with Newbury Building Society
- Complete and submit a ‘Tell a Friend mortgage referral scheme’ form to a mortgage advisor along with a completed mortgage application form for a residential mortgage only.
- By completing the ‘Tell a Friend mortgage referral scheme’ form, the referring member is happy to share their personal details such as full name, address and signature with the referred friend or family member for the purpose of the form. No other personal information or mortgage details will be disclosed by Newbury Building Society to either party.
- The information provided will solely be used for the purpose of the ‘Tell a Friend mortgage referral scheme’ and will be immediately destroyed on completion of the referred friend or family member mortgage.
- Newbury Building Society complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other applicable data protection legislation. Our Privacy Notice, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be treated. The latest version is available here, in any of our branches or by calling us on 01635 555700.
- No responsibility is taken for forms that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical reason.
- Newbury Building Society accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of submitting a form to the ‘Tell a Friend mortgage referral scheme’.
- There is no limit to how many friends or family members can be referred. However, the £150 for each referral will only be paid on completion of friend or family member’s mortgage. The referred friend or family member is only entitled to receive one £150 payment, even if they have been referred by more than one person.
- Joint mortgage applications qualify for one £150 payment.
- Each £150 award will be sent within 30 working days from the completion of the mortgage. The new member whose mortgage has completed will receive the payment into the bank account that their NBS mortgage Direct Debit is paid from. The referring member will receive the payment into their nominated bank account. In the case that a nominated account has not been previously set up with Newbury Building Society, a member of staff shall contact you to arrange this.
- Employees and their immediate families (including cohabiting partners) of Newbury Building Society are not eligible.
- This scheme is not available on applications made via mortgage intermediaries or brokers.
- Newbury Building Society reserves the right to amend or withdraw this scheme at any time without notice.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agree to these terms and conditions on completing and submitting the form. Newbury Building Society reserves the right to refuse to make the reward payments to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Please note there may be income tax implications relating to the ‘Tell a Friend mortgage referral scheme’ payment. Please contact your tax office for clarification.
- The promoter of this scheme is Newbury Building Society.
Return to Tell a Friend main page.