Newbury Building Society employees volunteered at Good Hope Farm in Hamstead Marshall at the first 165 Days of Volunteering session.
The more money you save, the more money we give.
With this account you can still earn interest on your money, and the society will make an annual donation to the charity of your choice, matching the interest you’ve earned. As this account has a 35 day notice period, it takes away the temptation of impulse buying, helping you to save more.
As part of our community and charity programme, this account can help you to support one of our eight charity partners.
Please note: Our savings accounts are available to residents within our local operating area, defined as within the following postcodes: RG, OX, SP, GU, SO, SN, PO, HP & SL. We accept savings applications from existing members regardless of their postcode. We do not accept savings applications from new or existing members who live outside of the UK.
The charities we support, as chosen by our members:
- Alzheimer's Society - the UK's leading dementia support and research charity, here for anyone affected by any form of dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Alton Foodbank - an Hampshire based charity who work to combat poverty within the local area.
- The Countess of Brecknock - a specialist palliative care unit within Andover War Memorial Hospital.
- Helen and Douglas House - an Oxford based hospice caring for terminally ill children, young adults and their families.
- Trinity Winchester Based in Winchester, they provide practical and emotional support to local people experiencing the effects of homelessness or vulnerability.
- Prior's Court School - enables people with autism to reach their full potential and lead as independent and inclusive lives as possible.
- St. Michael's Hospice - enables anyone faced with a life-limiting illness, their families and carers, to attain the highest possible quality of life by providing a choice of specialist care and support.
- Sue Ryder - hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life-changing diagnosis.
- Newbury Cancer Care - a small independent charity helping local people who have been diagnosed with Cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.