Newbury Building Society are thrilled to be finalists in three categories of the 2020 British Bank Awards.
You currently have a mortgage, but what are the reasons to switch to another provider?
- You could lower your monthly repayments.
- To switch to a fixed rate product - if you currently have a variable rate product and feel that interest rates will rise in the next few years, then remortgaging to a fixed rate product is something to consider.
- More payment flexibility - your current mortgage may not allow you to make overpayments, underpayments or take payment holidays. If you feel this kind of flexibility would be useful then remortgaging to a more flexible product may be advantageous.
- Better mortgage terms - when you first took out your current mortgage you may recently become self-employed, or had a poor credit score leading to you being offered a more expensive product. If your financial circumstances have improved, remortgaging could get you a mortgage with lower monthly payments.
- Accessing equity - if your property has increased in value, or your mortgage has decreased, you can release some of the equity by remortgaging. You may want to remortgage to release equity to carry out home improvements which could increase the value of your property, especially if it is an extension or loft conversion.