- Mortgage type
- A fixed rate mortgage has an interest rate that stays the same for a set period of time. During the fixed rate period your monthly repayments stay the same. At the end of the fixed rate period the interest rate will change, usually to the lender's standard variable rate (SVR).
- Interest rates
- 5.29% fixed until 29 January 2027 changing to our Standard Variable Rate (SVR) for the remainder of the mortgage.
- Maximum loan to value
- 65 %
- Application Fee: Purchase £300
- Application Fee: Remortgage £550
- Booking fee: £300
- Mortgage Exit Administration Fee (MEAF): £100
- Overpayments allowed
- Newbury Building Society will pay the first £700 of the standard mortgage valuation (this will cover properties valued up to £1,000,000).
- Loan size
- £50,000 (Min) - £273,000 (Max).
- Maximum property value of up to £420,000 applies, dependent on region (see www.gov.uk/first-homes-scheme for more details)
- Early repayment charge (ERC)
- The Early Repayment Charge (ERC) period applies from the date of completion.
- For this product the ERC period is until 29 January 2027.
- ERC is 3% to 29 January 2026 and then 2% to 29 January 2027 of the original loan amount.
- During the ERC period you are permitted to make overpayments up to 10% of the original loan amount per year. If overpayments exceed 10% in a year during the ERC period, you will have to pay the relevant ERC percentage rate on the amount of overpayment exceeding the permitted level.
- The full ERC is payable on the original loan amount if you repay your mortgage in full during the ERC period. The ERC will also be levied on previously permitted overpayments.
- Product available to those purchasing or remortgaging their residential home through the First Homes scheme, subject to product terms.
- The property must be located in the following postcodes: AL, BA, BH, BN, BS, DT, EX, GL, GU, HA, HP, HR, KT, LU, MK, NN, OX, PO, RG, RH, SG, SL, SM, SN, SP, SO, TA, TW, UB, WD and WR. Flats in the following London postcodes are restricted to 60% loan to value HA, KT, SM, TW and UB.
- The mortgage must be on a capital and interest repayment basis.
- The mortgage term must be between 5 and 35 years.
- Minimum property value of £150,000
A mortgage of £198,000 payable over 13 years initially on a fixed rate for 3 years at 5.29% and then on our standard variable rate, currently 7.00% for the remaining 10 years would require 36 monthly payments of £1,762.86 and 120 monthly payments of £1,904.23 plus one initial interest payment of £892.06.
The total amount payable would be £293,262.62 made up of the loan amount plus interest of £94,312.62 a booking fee of £300, an application fee of £550 and a MEAF of £100.
The overall cost for comparison is 6.5% APRC representative.
LIMITED AVAILABILITY - PRODUCT MAY BE WITHDRAWN WITHOUT NOTICE
YOUR MORTGAGE IS SECURED ON YOUR HOME. THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
- Legal work is required when buying your home and is carried out by a solicitor, payable by you. We can use the same solicitors as you, providing there is a minimum of four Approved Managers/ Licence Holders and they are registered on The Law Society website (www.lawsociety.org.uk). Licenced conveyancers are also acceptable for residential business only. The conveyancer must be registered with the Council of Licenced Conveyancers and be in a firm with at least four Approved Managers/Licence Holders.
- For remortgages, we can carry out the legal work for you using title insurance.
- We will pay the first £700 of the standard mortgage valuation, (this will cover properties valued up to £1,000,000). If your valuation fee is more than £700 (i.e. your property value is more than £1,000,000), you are responsible for paying the difference. If the mortgage does not complete and the valuation has been carried out, you are responsible for paying it.
- Loan to value (LTV) is the proportion of the value or price of the property (whichever is lower) that you borrow on a mortgage. For example, a £150,000 mortgage on a house valued at £200,000 would mean a LTV of 75%.
- A booking fee of £300 is payable on new purchase and remortgage applications and is non-refundable. Payment of the booking fee reserves the requested funding within the time scales given below
- The application fee can be added to the mortgage and is refundable if the mortgage does not take place. If you add the application fee to your mortgage, this increases the amount you borrow and will also increase your monthly payments.
- A Mortgage Exit Administration Fee (MEAF) applies when you repay your mortgage. Please see our Tariff of charges leaflet and your European Standardised Information Sheet (ESIS) for details.
- House purchases must complete within six months of the date of the formal mortgage offer. Remortgages must complete within three months from the date the application is received. Further advances must complete within three months of the date of the further advance offer.
- For new build properties the mortgage offer is valid for up to 6 months. The application must be able to complete in the product time scales. Therefore, the new build property must be completed and available for occupation within six months of the mortgage offer.
- All our mortgages are portable, which means that if you move house within an early repayment charge period the product can be transferred to your new mortgage, up to the value of the product outstanding at redemption, without charge. If the loan amount on your new mortgage is lower, there may be a charge based on the difference between the old and the new loan amount. A higher lending charge may be applicable for the new mortgage.
- Charges applying to the ongoing administration of your mortgage are detailed in our Tariff of charges PDF, which you will be given before your mortgage completes.