You should read this product information carefully in conjunction with our Savings Terms and Conditions and ID for customers to ensure you understand the features and conditions of what you are buying. Our savings accounts are only available to UK residents. We recommend you contact your local branch to make an appointment before delivering your completed application form.
- Account name
- Fixed Rate Bond (29 November 2022)
- What is the interest rate?
Interest rate bandInterest rate£10,000+1.50% Gross/AER fixed
- Interest is calculated daily and will be added to the account on 29 November 2022.
- Can Newbury Building Society change the interest rate?
- No, the interest rate is fixed until 29 November 2022.
- What would the estimated balance be on 29 November 2022 assuming £10,000 was invested on 13 September 2019?
Interest rate bandEstimated balance
- This estimation is for illustrative purposes only and does not reflect individual circumstances.
- How do I open and manage my account?
- A customer can only hold one Bond (29 November 2022) either in single or joint names.
- Available to those aged 18 and over.
- Account must be opened in person, in one of our branches. It cannot be opened by post or online.
- Once opened it can be operated in branch or by post.
- Account holders must be resident within our operating area as defined in 'Important notes'.
- Account can be opened by cheque or transfer from another Newbury Building Society account, or a bank account in the account holder's name.
- The minimum opening balance is £10,000.
- The maximum opening balance is £100,000.
- Additional deposits are not allowed.
- Can I withdraw money?
- No withdrawals can be made during the fixed rate term.
- Prior to maturity on 29 November 2022, we will write to you with the options available to you. If we are unable to contact you, the funds will be transferred into an instant access (variable rate) account.
- Additional information
- Tax status - From 6 April 2016, HMRC introduced a Personal Savings Allowance for individuals and as a result interest on savings is paid gross of tax. Your tax treatment will depend on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. For further information go to www.GOV.uk.
LIMITED AVAILABILITY - PRODUCT MAY BE WITHDRAWN WITHOUT NOTICE
- Our local operating area is: AL, BA, BH, BN, BS, DT, E, EC, EX, GL, GU, HA, HP, HR, KT, LU, MK, N, NN, NW, OX, PO, RG, RH, SE, SG, SL, SM, SN, SO, SP, SW, TA, TW, UB, W, WC, WD, WR. We accept savings applications from existing members regardless of their postcodes.
- There are no charges for the normal operation of this account. See our Savings terms and conditions for more information.
- Account holders will be issued with a Member Loyalty Card enabling discounts and special offers from local traders who participate in our scheme.
Gross rate is the contractual rate of interest payable before the deduction of income tax at the rate specified by law.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.