You should read this product information carefully in conjunction with our Savings Terms and Conditions and ID for customers to ensure you understand the features and conditions of what you are buying. Our savings accounts are only available to UK residents. We recommend you contact your local branch to make an appointment before delivering your completed application form.
- Account name
- Fixed Rate Bond (29 July 2026)
- What is the interest rate?
Interest rate bandInterest rate£5,000+5.25% None
- Interest is calculated daily and will be added to the account on the following dates: 28 July 2024, 28 July 2025, 29 July 2026
- Can Newbury Building Society change the interest rate?
- No, the interest rate is fixed until 29 July 2026.
- What would the estimated balance be on 29 July 2026 assuming £5,000 was invested on 21 November 2023
Interest rate bandEstimated balance
- This estimation is for illustrative purposes only and does not reflect individual circumstances.
- This estimation is based upon an initial deposit of £5,000 being made on 21 November 2023 and interest added to the account on 28 July 2024, 28 July 2025 and 29 July 2026 (no further deposits can be made during the term of the account).
- How do I open and manage my account?
- One Bond (29 July 2026) per customer, to be held by an investor in his or her sole name.
- The maximum opening balance is £50,000
- The minimum opening balance is £5,000.
- Account can be opened by cheque or transfer from another Newbury Building Society account, or a bank account in the account holders’ name.
- Available to those aged 18 and over.
- Additional deposits are not allowed
- This account can be opened and operated in branch, via the post or online.
- Personal customers only (not available to corporate bodies, organisations, clubs, trusts etc).
- Account holder/s must be resident in England or Wales.
- Can I withdraw money?
- No withdrawals can be made during the fixed rate term.
- If we are unable to contact you or you do not respond to us, the funds will be transferred to an instant access account matching our Instant premium account on the maturity date.
- The maturity date is 29 July 2026, this is the day you will have access to your money.
- Prior to maturity on 29 July 2026, we will write to you to discuss your options. These options will be dependent upon our product range and your needs at the time.
- Additional information
- Tax status - From 6 April 2016, HMRC introduced a Personal Savings Allowance for individuals and as a result interest on savings is paid gross of tax. Your tax treatment will depend on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. For further information go to www.GOV.uk.
WE HAVE NO CURRENT PLANS TO WITHDRAW THIS PRODUCT BUT IT MAY BE WITHDRAWN WITHOUT NOTICE.
- You can register with myaccounts our online service to view your account online.
- We will require identification for all parties on a savings account, please see ID for customers for details.
- For more information regarding our online service, electronic payment and CHAPS service see our Savings terms and conditions.
- There are no charges for the normal operation of this account. See our Savings terms and conditions for more information.
Gross rate is the contractual rate of interest payable before the deduction of income tax at the rate specified by law.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once a year.