You should read this product information carefully in conjunction with our Savings Terms and Conditions and ID for customers to ensure you understand the features and conditions of what you are buying. Our savings accounts are only available to UK residents. We recommend you contact your local branch to make an appointment before delivering your completed application form.
- Account name
- Fixed rate bond (28 May 2025)
- What is the interest rate?
Interest rate bandInterest rate£10,000+1.65% Gross/AER fixed
- Interest is calculated daily and will be added to the account on 28 May 2025.
- Can Newbury Building Society change the interest rate?
- No, the interest rate is fixed until 28 May 2025.
- What would the estimated balance be on 28 May 2025 assuming £10,000 was invested on 22 June 2022
Interest rate bandEstimated balance
- This estimation is for illustrative purposes only and does not reflect individual circumstances.
£10,483.70 (based on a
- How do I open and manage my account
- Account can be opened by cheque or transfer from another Newbury Building Society account, or a bank account in the account holders’ name.
- Available to those aged 18 and over.
- Only one account per customer either in single or joint names.
- The minimum opening balance is £10,000.
- The maximum opening balance is £50,000.
- Additional deposits are not allowed
- This account can be opened and operated in branch, via the post or online.
- Account holders must be resident within our local operating area as defined in 'Important notes' below.
- Personal customers only (not available to corporate bodies, organisations, clubs, trusts etc).
- Can I withdraw money?
- Prior to maturity on 28 May 2025, we will write to you to discuss your options. These options will be dependent upon our product range and your needs at the time.
- No withdrawals can be made during the fixed rate term.
- The maturity date is the date that you will have access to your funds. No interest is paid on the bond on that day.
- If we are unable to contact you or you do not respond to us, the funds will be transferred to an instant access account matching our Instant premium account on the maturity date.
- Additional information
- Tax status - From 6 April 2016, HMRC introduced a Personal Savings Allowance for individuals and as a result interest on savings is paid gross of tax. Your tax treatment will depend on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. For further information go to www.GOV.uk.
LIMITED AVAILABILITY - PRODUCT MAY BE WITHDRAWN WITHOUT NOTICE
- You can register with myaccounts our online service to view your accounts online.
- Our savings accounts are available to residents within our local operating area, defined as within the following postcodes: RG, OX, SP, GU, SO, SN, PO, HP & SL. We accept savings applications from existing members regardless of their postcode. We do not accept savings applications from new or existing members who live outside of the UK.
- We will require identification for all parties on a savings account, please see ID for customers for details.
- For more information regarding our online service, electronic payment and CHAPS service see our Savings terms and conditions.
- There are no charges for the normal operation of this account. See our Savings terms and conditions for more information.
Gross rate is the contractual rate of interest payable before the deduction of income tax at the rate specified by law.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.