See how we can help you fulfil your mortgage ambition during retirement.
PLEASE NOTE: Video mortgage appointments are not available at present.
You can now book a face-to-face appointment with a Mortgage Adviser from the comfort of your own home or office.
This service uses the video technology on your own computer or tablet, to connect you to a Mortgage Adviser who will guide you through your mortgage application.
Why choose a mortgage video appointment?
You can arrange a mortgage appointment with a qualified Mortgage Adviser from wherever is most convenient to you. Why travel for an appointment when our Adviser can come to you?
All you need is a broadband connection, a computer or tablet device that supports video conferencing, and somewhere you can have a private, quiet discussion for up to an hour.
How can a mortgage video appointment help me?
- Our mortgage video appointment service is secure and easy to use.
- It offers you the convenience of speaking to one of our qualified advisers face to face from wherever it suits you best.
- You’ll be able to see your important documents on screen during the application – and ask any questions as you go along.
How does the mortgage video appointment work?
- You can book a video appointment at a time to suit you, we will contact you to confirm the appointment details and let you know how to prepare for the meeting.
- When the time comes to start your meeting, all you will need to do is click on the link in the email we will have sent to you prior to the meeting and you will connect to us.
- During your appointment you’ll see your Mortgage Adviser at all times, and our documents will be laid out in the main part of the screen.
- You’ll be sent a copy of your paperwork as soon as your appointment is over.
What’s the best way to prepare?
- The most important thing is to find somewhere private and comfortable where you’ll be happy talking about your finances without distraction.
- You’ll be asked about your requirements, your income and outgoings in detail.
- It's advisable to have documents like your pay slips, tax statements and bank statements handy. You’ll be given a full list of what you need when we’ve understood your situation.
- If you're going to be using your tablet, you'll need to be able to receive emails and have access to wifi for the best connection.
What devices can I use for a mortgage video appointment?
- Laptop and desktop computers.
- Tablet devices (with screens larger than 7 inches).
- The above devices must be connected by broadband and be enabled with webcam, speakers and microphone.
- You won’t be able to use mobiles and smartphones or any other device with a screen smaller than 7 inches.
This service works on most up to date computers and tablets. You’ll see a message on screen during installation if your internet browser or operating system isn’t compatible. Sometimes this is easily resolved by updating to the latest version.
Points to remember:
- Your Mortgage Adviser will guide you step-by-step through your mortgage application, and answer any questions you may have.
- You’ll be able to review your documents on screen with your Mortgage Adviser.
- The appointment can take up to an hour. You’ll be getting the same level of expert service as you would in branch, or over the phone.
- All you need is a quiet space, a computer or tablet with a video camera, and a broadband connection.
- Using 4G or 3G mobile may reduce the quality of the service, and your mobile data provider may charge you for the data use.
Call us on 01635 555777 if you'd like to book a mortgage appointment by video, in branch or by telephone.