With Christmas fast approaching, are you ready to splash the cash? Check out our tips for sustainable spending.
Being self-employed can create challenges when it comes to securing a mortgage. We believe this doesn't have to be the case.
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures show more than 5 million people in the UK are self-employed, an increase of 3.2 million compared to 2000.
However, the self-employed, contractors and freelancers can often struggle to get on the property ladder as they find getting a mortgage challenging. Maybe we can help.
How to obtain a mortgage when you're self-employed, a contractor or freelancing
We believe being self-employed should not be a barrier to obtaining a mortgage.
Here are just a few reasons why we can help:
• We are able to look at cases where the self employed history is less than 3 years
• Retained profits and Directors loans can be considered as a source of income
• We accept applications with a combination of employed and self-employed income
To help you plan for your mortgage application the following points are useful.
• Do keep up-to-date records and accounts.
• Do employ a certified or chartered accountant to prepare your accounts and tax returns.
• Do speak to your existing lender or a mortgage broker about your options.
• Don’t forget lenders will credit check your business, as well as you.
• Don’t assume it’s impossible to get a mortgage.
Need more reasons to talk to us?
• We review all cases on an individual basis and do not credit score
• We are known for providing a tailored and individual service
• We have weekday and Saturday morning mortgage appointments available
• Our mortgage advisers are CeMAP qualified
• We lend in England and Wales
Whether you are buying for the first time, moving home or remortgaging, talk to us about our mortgages for the self-employed.
We can call you back to arrange an appointment. Our mortgage appointments are available by video call or by phone.
*all figures and data correct as of March 2021
YOUR MORTGAGE IS SECURED ON YOUR HOME. THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.