- Mortgage type
- With a discounted rate mortgage, the lender's standard variable rate (SVR) is discounted for a specific period of time. The interest rate will vary as the lender's standard variable mortgage rate moves up and down but the amount of discount will remain the same.
- Interest rates
- 2.74% variable. Our standard variable rate (SVR) minus 1.71% for the first 3 years changing to our SVR for the remainder of the mortgage.
- Minimum share of property being purchased
- Maximum loan to value of share
- 90 %
- Mortgage Exit Administration Fee (MEAF): £115
- No Early Repayment Charge (ERC)
- No upfront fees
- Free valuation
- Loan size
- £40,000 (Min) - £350,000 (Max) - Depending on loan to value.
- Early repayment charge (ERC)
- No Early Repayment Charge (ERC) applicable
- The mortgage must be on a capital and interest repayment basis.
- The mortgage term must be between 5 and 35 years.
- The property must be located in England or Wales.
- Available to those purchasing their residential home, on a shared ownership basis, subject to product terms.
- Minimum property value of £125,000
A mortgage of £139,500.00 payable over 25 years initially on our standard variable rate, currently 4.45% with a discount of 1.71% for 36 months giving a current rate payable of 2.74% and then on our standard variable rate, currently 4.45% for the remaining 22 years would require 36 monthly payments of £642.81 and 264 monthly payments of £757.25 plus one initial interest payment of £282.75.
The total amount payable would be £223,452.91 made up of the loan amount plus interest of £83,837.91 and a MEAF of £115.
The overall cost for comparison is 4.1% APRC representative.
WE HAVE NO CURRENT PLANS TO WITHDRAW THIS PRODUCT BUT IT MAY BE WITHDRAWN WITHOUT NOTICE
YOUR MORTGAGE IS SECURED ON YOUR HOME. THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
- Legal work is required when buying your home and is carried out by a solicitor, payable by you. We can use the same solicitors as you, providing there is a minimum of four Approved Managers/ Licence Holders and they are registered on The Law Society website (www.lawsociety.org.uk). Licenced conveyancers are also acceptable for residential business only. The conveyancer must be registered with the Council of Licenced Conveyancers and be in a firm with at least four Approved Managers/Licence Holders.
- We will pay for one standard valuation fee.
- You can upgrade to a Home Buyers report if you wish and if you would prefer a full building survey, we can give you the names of some local surveyors who can organise this for you. (see our Mortgages Explained booklet for valuation and home buyer fees).
- You need to be accepted by a zone agent, housing association or local council for the Shared Ownership scheme.
- Your share of the property must be between 25% and 75% of the purchase price or valuation (the lower of the two).
- A Mortgage Exit Administration Fee (MEAF) applies when you repay your mortgage. Please see our Tariff of charges leaflet and your European Standardised Information Sheet (ESIS) for details.
- House purchases must complete within three months of the date of the formal mortgage offer.
- For new build properties the mortgage offer is valid for up to 6 months. The application must be able to complete in the product time scales. Therefore, the new build property must be completed and available for occupation within six months of the mortgage offer.
- All our mortgages are portable, which means that if you move house within an early repayment charge period the product can be transferred to your new mortgage, up to the value of the product outstanding at redemption, without charge. If the loan amount on your new mortgage is lower, there may be a charge based on the difference between the old and the new loan amount.
- Charges applying to the ongoing administration of your mortgage are detailed in our Tariff of charges PDF, which you will be given before your mortgage completes.