- Mortgage type
- With a discounted rate mortgage, the lender's standard variable rate (SVR) is discounted for a specific period of time. The interest rate will vary as the lender's standard variable mortgage rate moves up and down but the amount of discount will remain the same.
- Interest rates
- 5.24% variable. Our SVR with a 1.76% discount for the first 5 years, changing to our SVR for the remainder of the mortgage.
- Maximum loan to value
- 75 %
- Application Fee: Existing borrower product transfer £0
- Mortgage Exit Administration Fee (MEAF): £100
- Overpayments allowed
- Loan size
- £40,000 (min) - £1,000,000 (max)
- Early repayment charge (ERC)
- The Early Repayment Charge (ERC) period applies from the date of completion.
- For this product the ERC period is 3 years from the date of completion.
- ERC is 3% in year 1, 2% in year 2 and 1% in year 3 of the balance outstanding on the date an existing mortgage is transferred to this product.
- During the ERC period you are permitted to make overpayments up to 20% of the balance outstanding on the date an existing mortgage is transferred to this product if overpayments exceed 20% in a year during the ERC period, you will have to pay the relevant ERC percentage rate on the amount of overpayment exceeding the permitted level.
- The full ERC is payable on the balance outstanding on the date an existing mortgage is transferred to this product if you repay your mortgage in full during the ERC period. The ERC will also be levied on previously permitted overpayments.
- Product available for existing borrowers to transfer their existing mortgage into, subject to payment of ERCs that apply on their current mortgage.
- The property must be located in England or Wales.
- The mortgage term must be between 5 and 35 years.
- Minimum property value of £150,000
A mortgage of £198,000 payable over 13 years initially on our standard variable rate, currently 7.00% with a discount of 1.76% for 60 months giving a current rate payable of 5.24% and then on our standard variable rate, currently 7.00% for the remaining 8 years would require 60 monthly payments of £1,752.90 and 96 monthly payments of £1,870.80 plus one initial interest payment of £881.18.
The total amount payable would be £285,751.98 made up of the loan amount plus interest of £87,651.98 and a MEAF of £100.
The overall cost for comparison is 6.0% APRC representative.
WE HAVE NO CURRENT PLANS TO WITHDRAW THIS PRODUCT BUT IT MAY BE WITHDRAWN WITHOUT NOTICE.
YOUR MORTGAGE IS SECURED ON YOUR HOME. THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING ANY OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
- If an existing borrower who is not moving house would like a revaluation carried out to assess which LTV tier they qualify for they will be required to pay a revaluation fee (see our Mortgages explained booklet for details).
- Loan to value (LTV) is the proportion of the value or price of the property (whichever is lower) that you borrow on a mortgage. For example, a £150,000 mortgage on a house valued at £200,000 would mean a LTV of 75%.
- For existing borrowers transferring onto this product the LTV will be calculated on the current loan outstanding and the indexed valuation held on our records. If the borrower feels the indexed valuation is inaccurate it can be reviewed by contacting our Customer Services department.
- A Mortgage Exit Administration Fee (MEAF) applies when you repay your mortgage. Please see our Tariff of charges leaflet and your European Standardised Information Sheet (ESIS) for details.
- Where existing borrowers transferring their mortgage are not in an early repayment charge period, the transfer must take place within four months of the mortgage offer.
- All our mortgages are portable, which means that if you move house within an early repayment charge period the product can be transferred to your new mortgage, up to the value of the product outstanding at redemption, without charge. If the loan amount on your new mortgage is lower, there may be a charge based on the difference between the old and the new loan amount. A higher lending charge may be applicable for the new mortgage.
- Charges applying to the ongoing administration of your mortgage are detailed in our Tariff of charges PDF, which you will be given before your mortgage completes.