- Mortgage type
- With a discounted rate mortgage, the lender's standard variable rate (SVR) is discounted for a specific period of time. The interest rate will vary as the lender's standard variable mortgage rate moves up and down but the amount of discount will remain the same.
- Interest rates
- 2.74% variable. Our Standard Variable Rate (SVR) with a 1.46% discount for the first 3 years changing to our SVR for the remainder of the mortgage
- Maximum loan to value of the discounted property price i
- 90 %
- Maximum loan to value as a % of the market value of the property
- Fees i
- Application Fee: Purchase £600
- Mortgage Exit Administration Fee (MEAF): £115
- Valuation fee applies
- Overpayments allowed
- Loan size
- £50,000 (min) - £500,000 (max)
- Early repayment charge (ERC)
- The Early Repayment Charge (ERC) period applies from the date of completion.
- For this product the ERC period is 3 years from the date of completion.
- ERC is 3% in year 1, 2% in year 2 and 1% in year 3 of the original loan amount.
- During the ERC period you are permitted to make overpayments up to 10% of the original loan amount per year. If overpayments exceed 10% in a year during the ERC period, you will have to pay the relevant ERC percentage rate on the amount of overpayment exceeding the permitted level.
- The full ERC is payable on the original loan amount if you repay your mortgage in full during the ERC period. The ERC will also be levied on previously permitted overpayments.
- Available to those purchasing their residential home subject to product terms.
- The mortgage must be on a capital and interest repayment basis.
- The mortgage term must be between 5 and 35 years.
- Properties must be located in the following post code areas; AL, BA, BH, BN, BS, DT, EX, GL, GU, HA, HP, HR, KT, LU, MK, NN, OX, PO, RG, RH, SG, SL, SM, SN, SP, SO, TA, TW, UB, WD, WR.
- Minimum property value of £125,000
A mortgage of £186,000payable over 25 years initially on our standard variable rate, currently 4.2% with a discount of 1.46% for 36 months giving a current rate payable of 2.74% and then on our standard variable rate, currently 4.2% for the remaining 22 years would require 36 monthly payments of £857.09 and 264 monthly payments of £986.48 plus one initial interest payment of £97.74.
The total amount payable would be £292,373.70 made up of the loan amount plus interest of £105,383.70, an application fee of £600, a valuation fee of £275 and a MEAF of £115.
The overall cost for comparison is 3.9% APRC representative.
WE HAVE NO CURRENT PLANS TO WITHDRAW THIS PRODUCT BUT IT MAY BE WITHDRAWN WITHOUT NOTICE.
YOUR MORTGAGE IS SECURED ON YOUR HOME. THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
- Legal work is required when buying your home and when switching your mortgage to us from another lender (remortgage). When buying your home the legal work is carried out by a solicitor and is payable by you. We can use the same solicitors as you, providing there is a minimum of Four Approved Managers/Licence Holders and they are registered on The Law Society website (www.lawsociety.org.uk). Licenced conveyancers are also acceptable for residential business only. The conveyancer must be registered with the Council of Licenced Conveyancers and be in a firm with at least four Approved Managers/Licence Holders.
- A valuation of the property will be required to assess the security offered for the loan. We offer a choice of either a basic mortgage valuation, which is for us to assess security only, or a Home Buyer's Report that will give you a more comprehensive guide to the condition of the property. It is payable in advance and cannot be refunded once the valuation has taken place. If you would like a full building survey, we will give you the names of some local surveyors who you can contact to give precise instructions and negotiate price.
- The property must be purchased through a Newbury Building Society approved Discount Market Sale (DMS) scheme.
- Loan to value (LTV) is the proportion of the value or price of the property (whichever is lower) that you borrow on a mortgage. For example, a £150,000 mortgage on a house valued at £200,000 would mean a LTV of 75%.
- The Loan to Value (LTV) of the discounted price is based on the proportion of the property value that you borrow after the council discount. For example, if the market value of the property is £200,000 and you receive a 20% discount (£40,000), the discounted property price is £160,000. A £144,000 mortgage on the discounted property price of £160,000 would mean an LTV of 90%.
- You will need to have a personal deposit of at least 10% of the discounted purchase price of the property. All loans must be on a capital and interest repayment basis.
- The application fee can be added to the mortgage and is refundable if the mortgage does not take place. If you add the application fee to your mortgage, this increases the amount you borrow and will also increase your monthly payments.
- A Mortgage Exit Administration Fee (MEAF) applies when you repay your mortgage. Please see our Tariff of charges leaflet and your Key Facts Illustration (KFI) for details.
- House purchases must complete within three months of the date of the formal mortgage offer.
- For new build properties the mortgage offer is valid for up to 6 months. The application must be able to complete in the product time scales. Therefore, the new build property must be completed and available for occupation within six months of the mortgage offer.
- All our mortgages are portable, which means that if you move house within an early repayment charge period the product can be transferred to your new mortgage, up to the value of the product outstanding at redemption, without charge. If the loan amount on your new mortgage is lower, there may be a charge based on the difference between the old and the new loan amount.
- Charges applying to the ongoing administration of your mortgage are detailed in our Tariff of charges PDF, which you will be given before your mortgage completes.