MOBILE CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISER - BASINGSTOKE
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, plus 2 in 4 Saturdays, 9am-3pm, paid as overtime
Salary range: *£19,424 - £20,446 (plus benefits, plus expenses for travel to other branches)
Interviews on-line via Microsoft Teams: Monday 7 February 2022
Every employer is not the same and who you work for and what that environment looks like is the difference between any job and a great job.
At Newbury Building Society, we really do believe we are different, and we would like to tell you why before we tell you about the job.
We are mutual - owned by the people that save and borrow with us
We strive every day to make the customer experience better
We are committed to personal development
We are committed to giving back to the community – we support local charity and community projects with both donations and volunteering.
We are winners of both the “Best Building Society” and "Best Specialist Mortgage Provider" in the 2021 British Bank Awards.
If you are a confident communicator with a passion for customers, you could be ready to take on this busy and exciting opportunity to join the team at Basingstoke.
The role is varied, with the customer always our first concern, so we will help you learn how to plan, prioritise and organise your working day, using technology and online tools. As you will be dealing with customer finances, accuracy and a logical approach to minimise errors is key. A flexible approach and the ability to remain calm when plans change is important too.
In return, we will give you all the support and recognition you deserve. You will take part in a comprehensive training programme, enabling you to fully understand our business and values and how we stand out from the crowd.
In order to fully support the business, this role involves supporting other branches and working with colleagues in Alton, Andover, Winchester and Wokingham.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR THE ROLE ARE:
- Some experience or confidence to work with customers face to face and/or by telephone
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- GCSE maths and English, minimum level 4 or equivalent
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle at all times
DESIRABLE CRITERIA FOR THE ROLE ARE:
- Administration experience
- Experience of cash handling
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and MS Teams
* The salary offered is dependent on evidence of key competencies and skills you currently possess. Newbury Building Society pride themselves on recruiting for potential so if you do not meet all of the criteria in terms of knowledge, experience and skills, you will benefit from learning and development opportunities to enable you to work towards the top of the salary range. This will be via ongoing feedback from your line manager and assessment of your progression against all of the criteria.