Mobile Branch Assistant – Full time
Location: Based at Basingstoke, providing cover at branches in the Basingstoke area.
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? Are you friendly and confident with the ability to build relationships with customers?
If you are interested in developing your career in a prestigious and well respected building society, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Established in 1856, Newbury Building Society is committed to the values of a traditional building society and keeping the spirit and practice of a mutual organisation, operating exclusively for the benefit of borrowers and savers.
Reporting to the Office Manager, your main responsibilities will be to provide an exceptional service to new and existing customers, mostly face to face but also over the phone and in writing.
Your daily duties will involve;
- listening to customers’ needs and acting accordingly
- promoting Newbury Building Society and its products
- providing customers with information about products that may be beneficial to them
To achieve this, you will be working as part of a friendly and customer focused team, working together to achieve your objectives.
To be considered for this role;
- you must be passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- have proven face-to-face customer service skills from a retail or administration background
- you will be friendly and confident and able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- you must also have sound numeracy skills
- you will be required to travel between branches and Head Office to provide cover as needed, so your own transport and full driving licence are essential.
Ideally, you will also have cash handling experience, be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and be familiar with the local branch community.
In return for your hard work and commitment we’ll give you all the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a comprehensive training programme to enable you to get up to speed with our products and services, computer systems and processes; a strong culture of teamwork, mutual respect and social responsibility; a location close to high street shops and public transport links; and a rewarding role, helping people with their finances as well as building rapport with customers.
Hours: 35 hours per week - Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm. You will normally be expected to work two Saturdays out of four 9am to 3pm (at Basingstoke) 9am to 12.00 (cover branches) as required, for which you will receive overtime payment.
Salary: £16,740 per annum rising to £18,600 once fully competent, plus an additional Saturday payment.
Closing date: 24 November 2017
Interviews: 28 November 2017
To apply for this vacancy please download and complete the attached application form. Please send completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.