We want to satisfy our customers every time but we realise that sometimes things go wrong.
We welcome you to tell us when our service does not meet your expectations because it gives us the opportunity to put things right and improve our service.
Newbury Building Society is committed to providing you with a first class service, however, we recognise that there may be an occasion when you feel that our service is unsatisfactory and you wish to make a complaint.
You may complain in the following ways:
Write to us
You can write to us at our Head Office: Newbury Building Society, 17 Bartholomew Street, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 5LY
You can visit us at your local branch.
You can call us on 01635 555700.
If you wish to email us please click here.
If you wish to provide us with feedback, please complete this form.
We will listen
- We use complaints and feedback to help us improve outcomes for customers. We will always try to resolve your complaint quickly. We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days.
- If we have been unable to resolve your complaint by the end of the following business day we will send you an acknowledgement of your complaint and the name of the person dealing with it. We will ensure that we keep you informed of the progress of the measures being taken to resolve your complaint.
- No later than eight weeks after receipt of your complaint we will send you our final response, which sets out our decision and the reasons for it.
- If you are unhappy with our response you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Further information on the Financial Ombudsman Service, which is free and independent, can be obtained from their website.
- If you choose to use the Financial Ombudsman Service, you should refer the complaint within six months from the date on our final response to you.
- If your complaint relates to an online sale or service you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service directly or via the Online Dispute Resolution website.
You can contact the Society’s Manager responsible for Complaints: Melanie Mildenhall, at the Head Office address: Newbury Building Society, 17 Bartholomew Street, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 5LY.